Sunday, December 17, 2006

Oh no, not another one!


That was the comment from my husband when I started my newest "project" on Thanksgiving Day. I apologise for not posting sooner, but with the hustle and bustle of the holidays, well, you know how hectic it can get, especially for someone as ADD as myself. But I digress. On Thanksgiving Day, 2006, I started _ANOTHER_ Golden Kite (www.goldenkite.com) pattern. The Geogrpaher's on indefinite hold until I get bored with this one, which happens to bo Monet's The Clouds. I'm doing this for my baby sister who loves all things Monet (so don't look sissy!)

I'm almost finished with the first (or last depending on how you look at things) page of 18, even though this piscture was taken about halfway through. It's being stitched with one strand of DMC embroidery floss over one on 22 count pregridded fabric (this stuff's off the HOOK!) from Balkan Gallery (http://www.balkan-gallery.com) fabric actually has a grid woven into it every 20 threads, making 400 stitch squares! I'm so totally sold on this stuff now! The only thing is, obviously, you want to use this fabric on projects that are totally stitched, otherwise, you'd have lines. Anyway, here's a photo of the progress thus far :)

No comments: